Getting married is perhaps the biggest decision you’ll ever make, and it will affect you for the rest of your life. So if you’re even thinking about it, we want to help you get it right, and for it to be all you hope and dream it could be.
The Church of England has a great website with lots of the answers to your questions here.
If you’d like to be married at St.Johns we offer weddings at 10:00am, 12 noon and 2pm.
If you choose to get married at 2pm you can also have your reception at St.Johns as well!!
Here is our 2016 guide to getting married –Wedding Booklet 2016
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
If you want to know if you live in the parish then please see here for a map and street list.
You can find the marriage service here
If you’ve got a date in mind, then please contact us at the earliest time.